This page has moved to a new address.

Boy Scouts of America: "Perversion Files"

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Boy Scouts of America: "Perversion Files"

Friday, March 19, 2010

Boy Scouts of America: "Perversion Files"

When I read this article about the Boy Scouts of America keeping a "perversion list", my stomach ached and I immediately wondered if any of my troop leaders were ever involved in similar type cases?

From the Cub Scouts to the Boys Scouts, I grew up as a Scout. I climbed the ranks to eventually become an unofficial "Assistant" Scout Leader. As a Scout, I never saw anything that was inappropriate in the Virgin Islands or while attending National Jamobrees.

Because the Catholic Church, along with the Episcopalian Church, sexual misconduct cases have made parent more wary of so-called "leaders", its harder for parents to trust Troop leaders, coaches, teachers and counselors.

The key ingredient is teaching children to know what is appropriate and what is not and parents have to be involved in the child's group to know what's going on.

As the Boy Scout Oath states:

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.



This is an oath that ALL people can adhere to, but there is a thing called Free Will.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home