This page has moved to a new address.

Snow Whip

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Snow Whip

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Whip

The children of Worcester County have a snow day, and I'm stuck inside feeling bad because of a cold that knocked me on my ass faster than the black ice on the front stairs. 

Well, since I had some time to do some housekeeping chores that I'd been putting off, and in between trying to make sure that I didn't loose what I ate or drank, I decided to check my email.

Now, this is where the funny part begins.

On Monday, I wrote on the  Worcester Bloggers website about my mother, and the fact that she stays up-to-date on the news and weather by keeping a television tuned to CNN in her GED classroom.  Well, don't you know that she sends me an email and states for my birthday, she's buying me a car.

Most folks would be excited to hear that their mom or dad want to buy them a car, no matter how old you are, but I, on the other hand, thought how is she going to buy me a car, when it's she that needs to retire the 1996 Jeep Cherokee that's seen it's last days?

Here is the vehicle she wrote and told me she's buying for me. via Autoblog.
A hybrid we can get excited about, the Vancat has a whole lot of everything going on. Starting with a full-size Dodge Ram van body mounted on a Thiokol chassis, the Vancat is propelled by a 391 Ford V8 engine and power is routed to a set of German-made Hans Hall aluminum tracks.







Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Claudia Snell said...

HAHA!! That thing is awesome! The 70's inspired paint job is sure to get you lots of attention around the Woo.

Wait, is that a greenhouse on top?

The interior needs a little help though. Perhaps if the guys from 'Pimp my Ride' did some detail work in there it would work out OK.

Also, my mom in SoCali also watches the news and worries a lot when there's snow on our forecast. Out there, everything shuts down if there's just an inch on the ground.

January 13, 2011 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Dee Wells said...

Yeah, she's a real comedian and has been on a roll these past days. Between rubbing in the fact that it's warm and sunny in the VI, she has made me laugh with her calls and emails.

Now, regarding the whip, I think the boys from 'Pimp My Ride' could do wonders with the interior. My single request would be velvet and a disco ball. ;>)

And, SoCali is worse than ATL when it comes to snow. Do they even own snowplows and sanders in SoCali?

January 13, 2011 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Claudia Snell said...

I think there is one snowplow in all of SoCali. They can't use it though because they have these weird reflector bumps all over the streets on the lane markers.

January 13, 2011 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Claudia Snell said...

I was watching some mindless TV last night and was reminded where I've seen a paint job like that - A-Team. It's not identical but very similar.

January 14, 2011 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Dee Wells said...

I was wondering if anyone picked up on that? As soon as I saw the pictures, I thought the A-Team.

January 14, 2011 at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home