This page has moved to a new address.

Celebrate Music

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Celebrate Music

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Celebrate Music


Over the past 3-months, I've been given alot of very good music produced and performed by some Very talented people in Worcester.

Now, the music that I've been given has been rap music, and in an era where it seems as if every rap song, that's played on commercial radio, is horrible, I've been pleasantly surprised by the Rap from Worcester.

You see, I've grown-up with Rap, and I embody Hip Hop.

The culture, that will celebrate it's 38th birthday this summer has gone through a myriad of changes: Lost kings and queens, rampant drug usage, HIV/AIDS, and a rebirth within the past 10-years. It's quite amazing, when you stop and think about it.

While Rap music has served as my theme music for most of my life, Reggae, Calypso, Soca, Rock 'N Roll, and Jazz have also played a large roll in my appreciation of music; Rap just so happens to borrow from all of these genres of music and more.

My only hope is that these local artist are able to share their music and, not just locally, but in cities such as Boston, Providence, Hartford, New Haven, etc.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home