This page has moved to a new address.

Women's Soccer: Role Models to girls in Worcester (USWNT)

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Women's Soccer: Role Models to girls in Worcester (USWNT)

Friday, July 15, 2011

Women's Soccer: Role Models to girls in Worcester (USWNT)

Some of you may know that I coach two girls soccer teams with the Worcester Youth Soccer League (WYSL), and it's the most rewarding thing I've done, besides volunteering in Yellowstone National Park in 1989.

Well, with the United States' Women's National Team in the Finals versus Japan, taking place on Sunday(17th) at 2 p.m. EST, I have been in my glory watching a group of women, similar to the '99 team, play with poise, a winning ATTITUDE, and a desire to play some of the best futbol I've seen in years.

The game versus Brazil solidified it for me, and, I knew then, that Team USA was destined to win the 2011 FIFA World Cup.

In the meantime, I read the article posted by the Telegram & Gazette regarding the current players serving as role models to girls all over the world, but particularly to girls in the United States.

Here's a short video interview with a young lady that I know, who is inspired and is a star in her own making:


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home