This page has moved to a new address.

Water upgrade

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Water upgrade

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Water upgrade

On Wednesday, in the mail, we received a postcard from DPW c/o Mass Installation,Inc., that stated that we needed to schedule an appointment so that they may install a radio frequency(RF) meter reading system.

The installation guy, Bob, was a nice gentleman, and worked amazingly fast.

While talking, I asked him what the RF does? He told me that the RF
send a signal to a "special box" that a meter reader can have in their
car and not even have to get out, as was typically done in the past.

Bob continued to tell me that on any given day, a meter reader can
physically read about 325 meters in a day. With the new RF installed,
the preliminary testing had one meter reader capture information on
12,000 meters in an 8-hour workday.

I thought the RF was amazing and then my mind turned to the meter
readers that may be laid off because with the RFs, there may be too
many of them on the payroll. We'll have to wait and see if the meter
readers are the next picket on a major intersection.

So, if you received a green postcard, don't throw it away! Read it
and call 1-800-933-1360 between 8 am & 5 pm Monday through Friday.

*The date and time you see written in is my writing. Yeah, I know my
penmanship is horrible.....why do you think I blog?*

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home