This page has moved to a new address.

Hip Hop lives in Worcester

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Hip Hop lives in Worcester

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hip Hop lives in Worcester

Worcester is not a hot-bed for Hip Hop; let me repeat that, Worcester is NOT a hot-bed for Hip Hop, but let me tell you that there are some dope emcees in Worcester who don't have the spotlight shined on them enough or at all. 

I grew-up in the '80s, so that means that I saw and lived Hip Hop everyday, even though it was on the island of St. Thomas or St. John.  Hip Hop was and will always be universal and when we celebrated it's 37th Birthday on August 11th, I realize that even more than ever, Hip Hop is alive and well in Worcester.

Now, I'm not going to pretend to know all the MCs that call the City of Worcester or Worcester County their home, but allow me to highlight a few females and males that are adding to the circle and sharpening their craft.


Nyne West





C.O.D. "Basketball Money"




BBoyd Ft. E-Knock "I'm Nice" (Directed by Kaz Gamble) (Follow That Boy Boyd on Twitter)




Baige O'Bannon (Follow Baige on Twitter)
Check out Baige's website for his "Nice To Meet You" mix-CD along with a new track "2 Eazy", where Baige lays down an ill flow over Vado's "Speaking in Tungs" beat. 

Be on the look out for Baige's first music video very soon!



Endo Ft. Jusslu (Directed & Edited by Nicholas Black)


Endo Feat JussLu - Smoking Good (Parental Advisory) from Nicholas Black on Vimeo.


Again, I don't know all the emcees that call Worcester County their home, but I'm confident that with this sampling, Hip Hop is alive and well in Worcester County!

(If you're an MC, producer or videographer and would like you work highlighted on Worcester Is MAJOR!, email us at worcesterismajor at gmail.com.  Thank you.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home