This page has moved to a new address.

No Name-Calling Week

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: No Name-Calling Week

Friday, January 21, 2011

No Name-Calling Week

I was at Barnes & Noble(Blackstone Valley) with my daughter, and just as we were heading to the check-out counter, I noticed this sign,
out of the corner of my eye.

With the rash of incidents involving bullying and Internet thuggery( if you haven't seen the video of the uncle beating his nephew for pretending to be a "thug on Facebook", Google it and I'm sure you'll find the video online. I applaud him.) there is something to be said for the ability that kids have with presenting a certain persona, online, that is a stark contradiction to who they are in real life.

I guess as we become more 'connected' because of the Internet, some people have lost touch with reality or, in the case of children, they just don't know any better.

Maybe it's just time for the 'fact or fiction' talk?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm on board with that!

Is it the 29th already?

January 21, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home