This page has moved to a new address.

Hit & Run: 3 Children Injured

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Hit & Run: 3 Children Injured

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hit & Run: 3 Children Injured

The accident that the Telegram is reporting on the top of their website was something to partially witness. What’s more disturbing is the fact that the driver hit the children and then sped-off, not stopping to see how the children were doing or, God forbid, dead.


I travel on Endicott Street daily, and particularly near Millbury Street, folks are always speeding down the street, under Interstate 290, “trying to beat the light” at the Millbury Street intersection.

Today, three children were struck at this intersection, two girls and a younger boy. I happen to see the kids often, and I can tell if I’m running “on time” to pick-up my child from school. They’re good kids that are always looking out for each other and making sure that the little boy is not trailing behind.

I’ve seen them use the crosswalk, and, even, hold each other’s hand when it’s snowing or the roads are covered with ice.

Earlier today, at 3:39 pm, I drove through this intersection and saw the three kids hustling on their way home. I make it by Crompton Park and all of a sudden I hear, “Someone STOP him!” and I immediately put my right turn signal on and pull over. I look in the rear-view mirror to see a small SUV swerving to go around me. Low and behold it’s the same green-ish Toyota RAV4 that Worcester Police Department are now looking for. Normally, when folks are yelling, I take in what’s going on and figure out my exit strategy, but something said to turn around and offer whatever assistance I could.

Luckily the girls were all alive, even though one of the females had a six-inch laceration on her head that was extremely deep and will require a number of stitches.

The other girl was laying in the Endicott and Millbury Street intersection with her book bag, umbrella and coat covering her. She was in severe pain, but kept attempting to stand up, because she wanted to check on her sister and the little boy, who were on the sidewalk near the barber shop, Boston’s Finest.

The little boy’s injuries seemed minor, and it only appeared that he was struck in the mouth and his gums were bleeding.

I must say that Worcester Police Department (WPD) responded very quickly and all of the officers were shaking their head in disbelief that someone could hit three children and then flee.

I ask you to Pray for these kids and their families and I hope the driver of the vehicle that struck the kids is found, arrested and faces the music.

Love is LOVE!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home