This page has moved to a new address.

Black Education (Cont.)

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Black Education (Cont.)

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Black Education (Cont.)

Here is what I wrote on Wormtowntaxi.com regarding the arrest of Henry
Louis Gates, Jr.:

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking the "disorderly conduct" ploy was
just that, a ploy.

As I wrote about this incident on the Worcester Is MAJOR! blog, the
fact that it was Mr. Gates,Jr.'s neighbor, who has lived 2 houses down
from him, that called the police, says something about us not knowing
who our neighbors are in our neighborhoods.

This incident has garnered alot of media, and I'm tired of it now, but
racial profiling, WWB or DWB (read: Walking While Black and Driving
While Black) have been going on for years, and I'm afraid won't end
anytime soon.

We've become such a politically correct society that we don't talk to
one another like we did years ago. The technology that was intended to
"bring people together" has, in some respects, created a further
divide amongst human beings.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home