This page has moved to a new address.

Racial Divide

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Racial Divide

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Racial Divide

When relatives in Louisiana told me about the Just of the Peace that
was denying a couple a marriage license because they're an interracial
couple, it really got under my skin. OK, I'll be honest here, I was
pissed and used a few choice expletives for the much needed
exclamation point.

You see, my father was born and raised in Louisiana, specifically New
Orleans, and I lived in New Orleans too for a few years.

When Keith Bardwell stated that,"I'm not a racist. I just don't
believe in mixing the races that way", the first thing that I thought
was anyone that has to start their statement with"I'm not a racist" is
full of it. Similarily, if someone begins a conversation with
"truthfully speaking"; you know the lie is coming right after those
words.

While a Justice of the Peace is a quasi-judge and has jurisdiction
over certain aspects of the law, this is one in which Keith Bardwell
overstepped the boundaries.

I wonder what the couple has done on the weeks since Mr. Bardwell's
decision and subsequent statements? I hope they chose to head to Las
Vegas, because as we know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and
they like their coffee with a cream and sugar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home