This page has moved to a new address.

King Day

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: King Day

Sunday, April 4, 2010

King Day

While we celebrate Easter today on April 4th, it's amazing to think
about the many people that are celebrating Passover and Greek Orthodox
Easter, too.

I believe that "thoughts are prayers" and, I certainly don't consider
myself the overzealous religious type, but faith and believing in a
Higher Being is essential to who I am.

On this day while we celebrate Easter, my mind turns to this frightful
day in 1968, when Martin Luther King, Jr. was shot to death at the
Lorraine Motel in Memphis.

While I wasn't alive when Dr. King was assassinated, I do know that
many of the liberties that I and many others enjoy today are because
of what Dr. King started.

Peace!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home