This page has moved to a new address.

Text while driving......Where they do that?

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Text while driving......Where they do that?

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Text while driving......Where they do that?

For the handful of folks that actually read the Worcester Is MAJOR! blog know that I'm a BIG advocate for Massachusetts banning texting while driving.  So far it looks like that day is coming and, of course, there are a number of companies that have been developing "apps" to handle your text messages while driving.

Back in November 2009, I was riding with a friend in New York City and he was using a program called Voice on the Go, which he could "speak" his text message to send it to someone, but the messed up thing was that it didn't read the replies back to him.  I thought, "You pay how much a month for this service?" It cost him an additional $6 per month.

I wonder how long it will take Google or similar start-up to corner the market and create an app that can be used on a number of cellphones and work properly?

I'm just holding out for cochlear-like cellphone that we'll be able to make calls through a voice-activated system and they'll be paired with some cool ass glasses/ sunglasses that we'll be able to read our emails and text messages right on the lenses.  Hey, don't call me crazy.  It's already being developed and I'm sure I'll see it and use it in my lifetime.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home