This page has moved to a new address.

Boston Celtics & World Cup Soccer

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Boston Celtics & World Cup Soccer

Friday, June 18, 2010

Boston Celtics & World Cup Soccer

Today is a unbelievably tough day! Not only am I exhausted, due to
staying up
to watch the Celtics game, but, invaribly, being emotionally drained
and not being able to fall asleep after last night's Game 7 loss.

I did my share of smack-talking with my mother, friends and other
relatives that the Boston Celtics were going to win the 2009-2010 NBA
Championship title and that I would send every Lakers fan that I know
a extra small championship t-shirt to rub it in their face.

Well, you already know the outcome, the Celtics loss, and I conceded
publicly on Twitter and on Facebook. I believe in good sportsmanship
and applauding great competition.

Speaking of great competition, allow me to say that it was a sight to
see team USA in FIFA World Cup soccer battle back from being down 2-0
at halftime to Slovenia and score two goals in the second half. And,
by all accounts the referees were horrible in this match, Team USA
scored a third goal that was wiped off the board due to the referee
calling a USA player offsides (watch the highlights on ESPN and tell
me that wasn't a goal.).

So, as I prepare to have a Mountain Dew and a cup of iced Cafe Bustelo
to get me through the rest of the day, at least I can say that I've
witnessed some GREAT games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home