This page has moved to a new address.

Don't Argue with Fools, because.....

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Don't Argue with Fools, because.....

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Don't Argue with Fools, because.....

My 90-year-old Grandmother is famous for saying, "Don't argue with fools because from a distance folks can't tell who is who."  Those words echo in my mind everyday, because I am confident to say that I interact and run into my share of fools who want to do nothing more than make themselves feel better by attempting to drag me down into the belly of the beast.  Well, I haven't fallen for it for more than 3-decades, so I'm not going to start now.

Earlier this morning, while navigating my way through Worcester, I saw a woman, who was so enamored with her cellphone that she almost hit a kid crossing the street, in a crosswalk nonetheless. 

When she saw the kid in the crosswalk, she slammed on the brakes, dropped her cellphone, but bent down to pick it up from the driver's side floor and continue her conversation, like nothing had happened.

Then, 15-minutes later, I saw a young man driving a Lexus GS300, cut off a driver on Providence Street to turn into the X-Tra Mart. (If he did see the oncoming car, he didn't care and decided that where he was going was more important than the next woman or man.)

While I could have played the fool and shouted out the window, I chose not to.  Why? Well, what good would have come from it?  Again, from a distance.....it's hard to tell who is who.

Drive safely!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home