This page has moved to a new address.

Building#19: I'd like the bench, please.

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Building#19: I'd like the bench, please.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Building#19: I'd like the bench, please.


I've got a funny story to share with you!

It's been almost 11-years since I moved to Worcester, and when I did, I lived within walking distance of the Building #19, on Grafton Street.

You see, I love a "come up"! Allow me to explain: A "come up" is where you spend very little money for something that is perceived to be of good quality and value. OK, I totally made that up, but this is MY definition.

So, I frequently shop at Building #19, and have scored some unbelievable "come ups";Ralph Lauren pants and shirts for as little as $10, or Nike and Reebok sneakers for $12. My mantra is "if you're willing to hunt, then you can score some good stuff!"

About 2-years ago, when my aunt was starting a catering business, as a side-business, she needed some chafing dishes and Sternos to keep the food warm. The plan was to hit a few of the restaurant supply-like stores in Worcester, but something said to stop by Building #19. Low and behold, they had received a shipment if chafing dishes and cases, and I mean cases, of Sternos, so I was able to buy 6 chafing sets and a few cases of Sternos.

When I needed to buy Christmas presents for the office "swaps", you guessed it, I'd make my way to Building #19.

Well, amongst all my visits to Building #19, I have NEVER sat on the "Husband's Bench", but I always look at it and smile.

So, since Building #19 lost their lease, I feel that it's only right for Building #19 to give me a gift for my patronage over the years.

I'd like the Husband's Bench, please.

I'm not asking for alot. and I think the bench will make a great conversational piece in my office.
There it is, all tied up with a nice bow on top.

Building #19, just let me know when I can pick-up my "new" piece of furniture. Thank you.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger zed said...

The signs say... 'Everything must go'

May 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home