This page has moved to a new address.

Driving Elderly

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Driving Elderly

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Driving Elderly

With the rash of car accidents involving elderly drivers, I found it
interesting that Fox 25 News reported this evening that there's a
"concerned group" that is looking into pushing for legislation that
would require anyone over the age of 65-years old to be re-tested
prior to renewing their driver's license.

I'll be honest, when I was in my 20s, I, too, thought that drivers
older than 60-years old should be required to take a test that would
test their reflexes, knowledge of proper roadway rules and eyesight.
Now, I don't believe that such a test is needed, rather a system needs
to be put in place so that it allows those that rely on driving for
freedom, working and overall enjoyment, to continue to do so.

So, what does that system look like? Please post a comment or email us
at WorcesterIsMAJOR@gmail.com, with your suggestions.

In the meantime, travel safely and be a defensive driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home