This page has moved to a new address.

Street Memorials

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Street Memorials

Friday, May 14, 2010

Street Memorials

People mourn in various ways and I'm always the first one to say that when I die, please throw a BIG ASS party and celebrate life and play lots of James Brown. Thank you!

Ever since 2001, it seems that whenever someone dies, people immediately set-up makeshift memorials.

What started to appear more often after 9/11, I have to say that I don't understand the psychology of why people feel the need to create a memorial "to remember" the life of the person.

Often when driving throughout Massachusetts or, particularly, when driving to New York City, I see them at the side of the road and quietly say a prayer for the person that died and their family. It's my way of paying honor.

So, in reading this article in the T&G today, I wonder if there are more people that are tired of the "street memorials" and would like to see them disappear?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Looking at the docket for the next city council meeting, it looks like Billy Breault agrees with you.

May 14, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home