This page has moved to a new address.

Local Advertising: Does it reach it's intended audience?

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Local Advertising: Does it reach it's intended audience?

Monday, February 7, 2011

Local Advertising: Does it reach it's intended audience?

I spotted this Boys & Girls Club van and in looking at the advertisement on the rear doors, I wondered if this type of marketing works in Worcester?

Now, I've been to the "Give Kids a Fightin' Chance" charity boxing event at The Palladium, and, I must say, I had a great time. I probably wouldn't have gone if it were not for a friend buying me a ticket.

Typically, I would have made a donation and skipped the event in order to spend time with the family.( All proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Worcester)

But, back to the question at hand: Does local advertising reach it's intended audience?

Some of the marketing materials that I see in Worcester are good, but lack pizzaz, and, more often than naught, the message is buried so it takes a moment to find the Who, What, Why or When.

For example, if you pick-up the current issue of PUSLE (http://thepulsemag.com) you'll see the advertisement (page 13) for the 9th Annual "Give Kids A Fightin' Chance" event, taking place on Thursday, May 5, 2011. What I can't figure out is how much tickets cost, where I can buy tickets or what time the event starts?

So, what do you think when you see an advertisement promoting a local event?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home