This page has moved to a new address.

Governor Patrick: Technology To Feel Good About

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Governor Patrick: Technology To Feel Good About

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Governor Patrick: Technology To Feel Good About

The other day when I posted that the Boston Police Department was embracing technology and using Twitter, I poked around the Internet some more to find that Massachusetts' Governor Patrick, too, is on Twitter and all over the 'Net.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I may be late to the dance, so, if I need to head to the Administration Building for a "late pass", then so be it.

I find it very interesting that many of our elected officials are on the Internet using social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and others, to let people know what's going on and to communicate more.

Maybe we can change Mayor Lukes's mind about bloggers and embracing technology, but, quite frankly, I can give a rat's ass if she choose to use these tools.

But it would be dope to see the City of Worcester use a medium such as Twitter to get the word out about things taking place in the city, such as when a water main breaks and you don't have water for 3-4 hours, or how the City along with the Fire Chief have decided to shut down a fire station to save a few dollars. Hey, maybe if the news is coming from a service like Twitter or Facebook it would be more palatable and I wouldn't feel so dirty when I don't receive the news. Just maybe! Wishful thinking? I hope not.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home