This page has moved to a new address.

Valentine's Day: A labor of Love?

Worcester Is MAJOR!™: Valentine's Day: A labor of Love?

Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day: A labor of Love?

With Valentine's Day falling on Monday, this weekend is primed for romantic dinners, flowers, Hallmark cards, and, maybe, a little nookie.

I don't know what it is, but I'm the most anti-Valentine's Day person that I know. Maybe it's because I've always struggled with buying gifts for the woman in my life.

My modus operandi has been: If I haven't told you that I love you all year long and bought you a gift or two, then why do I need to go all out on February 14? Shame on me, then.

Some people might say that it must be a "guy thing" for not liking or being into Valentine's Day, and that may be partly true, but, in all honesty, I think it's because men always get screwed out of receiving cool gifts.(This is the reason why men buy themselves "toys".)

And, if you're a male that works in an office where the women outnumber the men, then you get tired of the one-upwomanship that takes place.

You know the game: Women keep golf-like score cards of which lady receives the largest Teddy bear, box of chocolates, long-stem roses or an elaborate Edible Arrangement that can be shared & gloated over while being eaten. (Extra points go to Barbara for pulling off a hat trick!)

So, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, tell the people that you love that you love them, and leave the rest up to God. (You'll save yourself a ton of headaches.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Novick said...

And if your guy wants a hamburger, buy him a hamburger (?)

February 12, 2011 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger Sprout said...

And if you're a woman don't expect your man to be psychic. Just tell him what you want, all he wants is to see you happy. So tired of my friends complaining that they didn't get that item that they wanted, but of course never told him about...

February 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home